Comtrend’s G.hn Ethernet over Coax Adapter is the first G.hn standards compliant Ethernet over Coax adapter. It allows users to extend a local area network via existing coax cables, and therefore provides an inexpensive option for a fast wired, Internet connection.
Note: The GCA-6000 will coexist with most services such as Broadband, Satellite and FTTx, however, it is not recommended in environments where Cable Services (Internet/TV) are being used.
Existing coaxial cables are already installed throughout many homes and businesses. When these existing coaxial cables are NOT being used for passing Cable TV/Cable Internet services, these coaxial cables provide a perfect physical medium to create a high performing Internet connection. The combination of low interference coaxial cabling plus the efficiency of the video-optimized G.hn standard enables the best real world Internet performance.
The optimal solution in most cases would be a direct-wired Ethernet (RJ-45) connection. However, for most users, this is an expensive and troublesome option. Alternative technologies, including WiFi and WiFi Extenders offer connectivity but often continue to have connectivity issues. Using existing coaxial cables saves valuable service time, reduces truck rolls, and provides a network connection that is both higher performing and more secure than wireless technology.
Introducing a High Performance Networking Alternative
A direct coaxial-wired connection delivers a superior performance over WiFi and Powerline.
Enhance Your Streaming Video Experience via G.hn
Forward Error Correction (FEC) technology is designed to improve video quality and minimize video lag.
Leverage the Existing Coaxial Cables/Network in Your Home or Business
Take advantage of the low- cost networking infrastructure you already have to deliver an affordable Internet solution.
Turn Your Coax Cables Into an Ultra-Fast Network
Can connect up to 32 devices within a G.hn Coax Adapter cable network.
- RJ-45 X 1 for Ethernet connection
- F-type connector
- F-type connector for built-in diplexer of 100MHz (optional)
- DC power jack X 1
- Standard IEEE 802.3
- 10/100/1000 Mbps BaseT auto-sense
- Auto rate and duplex negotiation
- MDI/MDX support
- OFDM, FEC, Flexible frequency configuration
- HTTP Web-based; Firmware upgrade via TFTP
- TR-069 Supported (Optional)
- AES 128 bits encryption ensures total data security
- One Button Security Set-up
- Configuration button for factory reset and switch off/on LEDs functions
- 3.90 x 2.67 X 0.96 in; 99 x 67.7 x 24.5 mm
- 110g; 3.88oz
- Operating: 32~104F (0~40C)
- Storage: -4~158°F (-20~70°C)
- Operating: 10~90% RH (Non-Condensing)
- Storage: 5%~90% (Non-Condensing)
- FCC, CE Class B
- GCA-6000 KIT
- Two G.hn Ethernet over Coax Adapters
- Two Ethernet Cables
- Two Power Adapters
- One Quick Install Guide (QIG)