The 8-port ER-8 EdgeRouter with EdgeMAX Technology from Ubiquiti Networks is capable of supporting numerous high-bandwidth clients in an enterprise environment. With the ability to support up to 2 million packets per second for 64-byte packets and 8 Gbps for 512 byte packets this switch is capable of transmitting data quickly and efficiently.
Managing this switch and the network it resides on is simple thanks to a variety of management tools including DHCP server capabilities, monitoring tools such as ping, trace, discover, and more; and the ability to setup and configure operator and admin user accounts. To secure the network Ubiquiti has implemented a variety of features including advanced firewall policies and groups as well as NAT rules for specific packet addressing.
Installation of this EdgeRouter is simple as it comes compatible with a standard rackmount design. Once installed, Ubiquiti offers intuitive management features including an easy to use interface complete with graphical menus that can be access through a web browser. Additional tools include support of OSPF, RIP, and BGP routing protocols, firewall policies, DHCP services, Quality of Service (QoS) support, and much more.
- 8 x Gigabit Ethernet Ports
- 1 x RJ-45 Serial Port
- 2,000,000 pps Layer 3 Forwarding Rate
- Dual-Core 800 MHz, MIPS64 CPU
- 2 GB DDR3 RAM
- Speed / Link / Activity LEDs
- Built-in Reset Button
- Advanced security, monitoring, and management
- High-performance gigabit ports
- 8 gigabit routing ports
- 2 million packets per second for 64-byte packets
- 8 Gb/s for packets 512 bytes or larger in size
- Rack mountable
Manage Your Network
- DHCP Server: Sets up multiple DHCP servers to assign IP ranges in different subnets on the different interfaces, and easily control dynamic and static IP addressing for your network devices.
- Monitoring Tools: Conveniently tracks network activity and devices from tools such as Ping, Trace, Discover, Packet Capture, and Log Monitor.
- User Accounts: You can manage access to the EdgeRouter using unique administrator and operator accounts.
- Firewall Policies: Organizes the rules you apply in the order you specify.
- Firewall Groups: Applies the policies to groups filtered by IP address, network address, or port number.
- NAT Rules: The EdgeRouter changes packet addressing based on your customized source and destination NAT rules.
Direct Traffic Flow
- Interfaces: Each gigabit port functions as an independent interface. You can also configure Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN) interfaces for network segmentation.
- Routing: You can configure static routes and dynamic routing protocols to effectively manage the routes used by the EdgeRouter.
Intuitive User Interface
- Static routes and support of routing protocols: OSPF, RIP, and BGP
- Firewall policies and NAT rules
- DHCP services
- Quality of Service (QoS)
- Network administration and monitoring tools
- Comprehensive IPv6 support
- Choice of configuration methods: the graphical user interface to visualize the workings of your network or the Command Line Interface (CLI) to use advanced, command‑driven configuration
Configuration by CLI
- For power users, configuration and monitoring of all advanced features
- Direct access to standard Linux tools and shell commands
- CLI access through the serial console port, SSH, Telnet, and the graphical user interface
|Dimensions||484 x 164 x 44 mm (19.06 x 6.46 x 1.73 in)|
|Weight||2.3 kg (5.07 lb)|
|Max. Power Consumption||35 W|
|Power Supply||Internal AC/DC Power Adapter, 60 W (24V, 2.5A)|
|Power Input||110 - 240VAC|
|Networking Interface||Serial Console Port: (1) RJ45 Serial Port
Data Ports: (8) 10/100/1000 Ethernet Ports
|Layer 3 Forwarding Performance||Packet Size - 64 Bytes: 2,000,000 pps
Packet Size - 512 Bytes or Larger: 8 Gbps (Line Rate)
|Processor||Dual-Core 800 MHz, MIPS64 with Hardware Acceleration for Packet Processing|
|Memory||2 GB DDR3 RAM|
|Flash Memory Support||4 GB|
|Certifications||CE, FCC, IC|
|Operating Temperature||-10 to 45° C (14 to 113° F)|
|Operating Humidity||10 - 90% Noncondensing|