• Full-featured 8-line business-class IP phone supporting Power over Ethernet (PoE)
• Connects directly to an Internet telephone service provider or to an IP private branch exchange (PBX)
• Easy installation and highly secure remote provisioning, as well as menu-based and web-based configuration
• Wideband audio for unsurpassed voice clarity and enhanced speaker quality
• Paper label insert for buttons to indicate speed dials, shared lines, or extensions
• Supports up to two Cisco® SPA500S Expansion Module, adding an additional 64 buttons *
• Supports both Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and Smart Phone Control Protocol (SPCP) with the Cisco Unified Communications 500 Series for Small Business
Comprehensive Interoperability and SIP-Based Feature Set
Part of the Cisco Small Business Pro Series, the SIP- based Cisco SPA501G Basic 8-Line IP Phone (Figure 1) has been tested to ensure comprehensive interoperability with equipment from voice over IP (VoIP) infrastructure leaders, enabling service providers to quickly roll out competitive, feature-rich services to their customers.
With hundreds of features and configurable service parameters, the Cisco SPA501G addresses the requirements of traditional business users while building on the advantages of IP telephony. Features such as easy station moves and shared line appearances (across local and geographically dispersed locations) are just some of the many advantages of the Cisco SPA501G.
Carrier-Grade Security, Provisioning, and Management
The Cisco SPA501G uses standard encryption protocols to perform highly secure remote provisioning and unobtrusive in-service software upgrades. Remote provisioning tools include detailed performance measurement and troubleshooting features, enabling network providers to deliver high-quality support to their subscribers. Remote provisioning also saves service providers the time and expense of managing, preloading, and reconfiguring customer premises equipment.