The Cisco SG350X-48P 350X Series Managed Switch is armed with 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports for connecting multiple systems to one another along with four 10 Gigabit Ethernet uplinks for creating a high-performance backbone to the network. Moreover, the SG350X switch supports stacking, which lets you manage multiple switches as a single unit. This feature accommodates up to four switches and 208 Ethernet ports.
Cisco provides useful software-based tools to help in configuration and speed of deployment, and this managed switch allows detailed control over how data travels and who has access to the network. For performance, the SG350X switch has a 130.94 Mpps transfer rate and a 176 Gb/s switching capacity. Cisco has designed 48 ports to be PoE+ compliant supporting 802.3af and 802.3at PoE network standards with a maximum PoE power budget of up to 382W. This feature allows PoE-compatible devices to run on a single connection that delivers data as well as up to 30W of power. To cool the switch, three fans are onboard and produce a maximum noise level of 52.1 dB.
The 10 Gigabit Ethernet connections on the switch can utilize existing RJ45 connectors as well as multimode and single-mode fiber connections, granting the switch a longer distance to another switch when compared to an Ethernet-based connection. Other notable features included with the switch are Layer 3 static routing for transmitting data between nodes without degrading networking performance along with IPv6 for supporting future applications without needing to upgrade networking equipment.
Multigigabit Ethernet technology uses capabilities in your existing cabling infrastructure to meet bandwidth requirements and provide up to five times the performance. The technology enables intermediate data rates of 2.5 and 5 Gbps to ease the jump between traditional rates of 1 Gbps and 10 Gbps. These intermediate rates run on most installed cables and preserve older UTP wiring, which is suitable for 802.11ac wireless LAN applications.
The technology also supports Power over Ethernet (PoE) forms, including PoE+ and 60W PoE. Cisco Multigigabit Ethernet switches help you avoid having to run multiple cables between switches and access points and let your networks welcome next-generation traffic speeds and data rates.
Ease of Management and Deployment
- Cisco Smart Network Application (SNA) is a network-level monitoring and management tool embedded in Cisco 100 to 500 Series switches. It can discover network topology, display link status, monitor events, apply configurations, and upgrade software images across multiple switches in the network.
- The FindIT Network Manager and Probe are designed to manage Cisco 100 to 500 Series switches, routers, and wireless access points. The Manager lets you proactively manage the network instead of just reacting to events.
- The Cisco FindIT Network Discovery Utility works through a simple toolbar on your web browser to discover Cisco devices on the network and display basic device information, inventory, and new firmware updates to aid in the configuration and speed the deployment of Cisco Small Business products. The utility can also display serial numbers and IP addresses, to aid in configuration and deployment.
- The USB port on the front panel of the switch enables easy image and configuration transfer for faster deployment or upgrade.
- Simple-to-use graphical interfaces reduce the time required to deploy, troubleshoot, and manage the network and allow you to support sophisticated capabilities without increasing IT head count.
- The switches also support Textview, a full Command-Line Interface (CLI) option for partners that prefer it.
- Using Auto Smartports intelligence, the switch can detect a network device connected to any port and automatically configure the optimal security, Quality of Service (QoS), and availability on that port.
- Cisco Discovery Protocol discovers Cisco devices and allows devices to share critical configuration information, simplifying network setup and integration.
- Support for Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) allows you to set up and manage your switches and other Cisco devices remotely from a network management station, improving IT workflow and mass configurations.
Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) and 60W PoE
Reliability and Resiliency
Simplified IT Operation
- True stacking allows you to troubleshoot, configure, and manage multiple physical switches as a single entity.
- Cisco switches use common chipsets/software across all switching portfolios, so all Cisco switches within a category support the same feature set, making it easier to manage and support all switches across the network.
- Embedded Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption protects management data traveling to and from the switch.
- Extensive Access Control Lists (ACLs) restrict sensitive portions of the network to keep out unauthorized users and guard against network attacks.
- Guest VLANs let you provide Internet connectivity to non-registered users while isolating critical business services from guest traffic.
- Support for advanced network security applications such as IEEE 802.1X port security tightly limits access to specific segments of your network. Web-based authentication provides a consistent interface to authenticate all types of host devices and operating systems, without the complexity of deploying IEEE 802.1X clients on each endpoint.
- Advanced defense mechanisms, including dynamic Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) inspection, IP Source Guard, and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) snooping, detect and block deliberate network attacks. Combinations of these protocols are also referred to as IP-MAC port binding (IPMB).
- IPv6 First Hop Security extends the advanced threat protection to IPv6. This comprehensive security suite includes ND inspection, RA guard, DHCPv6 guard, and neighbor binding integrity check, providing unparalleled protection against a vast range of address spoofing and man-in-the-middle attacks on IPv6 networks.
- Time-based ACLs and port operation restrict access to the network during pre-designated times such as business hours.
- Uniform MAC address-based security can be applied automatically to mobile users as they roam between wireless access points.
- Secure Core Technology (SCT) helps ensure that the switch is able to process management traffic in the face of a Denial-of-Service (DoS) attack.
- Private VLAN Edge (PVE) provides Layer 2 isolation between devices on the same VLAN.
- Storm control can be applied to broadcast, multicast, and unknown unicast traffic.
- Protection of management sessions occurs using RADIUS, TACACS+, and local database authentication as well as secure management sessions over SSL, SSH, and SNMPv3.
- DoS attack prevention maximizes network uptime in the presence of an attack.
Networkwide Automatic Voice Deployment
Advanced Layer 3 Traffic Management
- Support for the Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) standard, which reduces energy consumption by monitoring the amount of traffic on an active link and putting the link into a sleep state during quiet periods.
- Application-Specific Integrated Circuits (ASICs) use low-power 65/40-nanometer technology and low-power, high-performance ARM CPUs.
- Automatic power shutoff on ports when a link is down.
- LEDs that can be turned off to save power.
- Embedded intelligence to adjust signal strength based on the length of the connecting cable.
Peace of Mind and Investment Protection
- Limited lifetime warranty with next-business-day (NBD) advance replacement (where available; otherwise same day ship).
- A solution that has been rigorously tested to help ensure optimal network uptime to keep employees connected to primary resources and productive.
- A solution designed and tested to easily and fully integrate with other Cisco voice, unified communications, security, and networking products as part of a comprehensive technology platform for your business.
- Complimentary software updates for bug fixes for the warranty term.
- Telephone technical support at no charge for the first 12 months following the date of purchase.
- Cisco Small Business products are supported by professionals in Cisco Small Business Support Center locations worldwide who are specifically trained to understand your needs. The Cisco Small Business Support Community, an online forum, enables you to collaborate with your peers and reach Cisco technical experts for support information.