The Cisco SG250-50 250 Series Managed Switch is armed with 50 Gigabit Ethernet ports that connect multiple systems with one another and with printers, IP telephony devices, wireless access points, and other equipment. Cisco provides useful software-based tools to help in configuration and speed of deployment, and this managed switch allows detailed control over how data travels and who has access to the network. For performance, the SG250-50 switch has a 74.41 Mpps transfer rate and a 100 Gb/s switching capacity.
- 48 x Gigabit Ethernet Ports
- 2 x GbE/SFP Combo Ports
- 375W Dedicated PoE Power
- 74.41 Mpps Transfer Rate
- 100 Gb/s Switching Capacity
- 24 Mb Packet Buffer
- IPv6 Support
- Advanced Layer 3 Traffic Management
- Four Fans
Cisco has designed 48 ports to be PoE+ compliant supporting 802.3af and 802.3at PoE network standards with a maximum PoE power budget of up to 375W. This feature allows PoE-compatible devices to run on a single connection that delivers data as well as up to 30W of power. To cool the switch, four fans are onboard and produce a maximum noise level of 50.2 dB.
The SG250-50 switch is equipped with two combo uplink ports that can utilize multimode and single-mode fiber connections, granting the switch a longer distance to another switch when compared to an Ethernet-based connection. Other notable features included with the switch are Layer 3 static routing for transmitting data between nodes without degrading networking performance along with IPv6 for supporting future applications without needing to upgrade networking equipment.
Easy Configuration and Management
- Smart Network Application (SNA) is a network-level monitoring and management tool embedded in the Cisco 100 to 500 Series switches. It can discover network topology, display link status, monitor events, apply configurations, and upgrade software images across multiple switches in the network.
- The FindIT Network Manager and Probe are designed to manage Cisco 100 to 500 Series switches, routers, and wireless access points. They let you proactively manage the network instead of just reacting to events.
- The FindIT Network Discovery Utility works through a simple toolbar on the user's web browser to discover Cisco devices on the network and display basic device information, inventory, and new firmware updates to aid in the configuration and speed the deployment of Cisco Small Business products.
- Simple or advanced-mode graphic user interfaces reduce the time required to deploy, troubleshoot, and manage the network. Configuration wizards simplify the most common configuration tasks and provide a helpful tool for anyone to set up and manage the network.
- Cisco Smartports technology provides more advanced capabilities and hands-on control by automatically configuring ports with specific levels of security, QoS, and availability according to the type of connected device, based on Cisco best practices and pretested configurations. The Auto Smartports feature automatically applies the intelligence delivered through the Smartports roles to the port based on the device types discovered over Cisco Discovery Protocol or LLDP-MED. This capability facilitates zero-touch deployments.
- The USB port on the front panel of the switch enables easy image and configuration transfer for faster deployment or upgrades.
Layer 3 Static Routing
Power Over Ethernet Plus (PoE+)
IP Telephony Support
Networkwide Automatic Voice Deployment
- Support for the Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) standard, which reduces energy consumption by monitoring the amount of traffic on an active link and putting the link into a sleep state during quiet periods.
- Automatic power shutoff on ports when a link is down.
- Embedded intelligence to adjust power based on cable length.
- Fanless design in most models, which reduces power consumption, increases reliability, and provides quieter operation.
- Ability to turn off LEDs to conserve power.